Aaron Stein joins me for a joint Middle East Week and Turkey Wonk podcast about Turkey's foreign policy in the Middle East. This is part one of two episodes that are based on a forthcoming book by Aaron on this topic. In this first part we discussed:
- Turkey's policy of "Strategic Depth"
- The motivations behind the AKP's foreign policy strategy
- Turkey's role as mediator in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and their support for Hamas
- How Turkey reacted to the start of the Arab Spring in Tunisia
- Turkey's reaction to the uprising in Libya and their role in the current conflict
- The ups and downs of Turkey's foreign policy in Egypt after the fall of Mubarak
- Turkey Wonk: Nuclear and Political Musings in Turkey and Beyond
- iTunes - Podcasts - Turkey Wonk by Aaron Stein
- Aaron Stein (aaronstein1) on Twitter
- Karl Morand (KarlMorand) on Twitter
Scrivener - a powerful content-generation tool for writers that allows you to concentrate on composing and structuring long and difficult documents.