Kirk Sowell comes back on the show to talk about his new paper Jordanian Salafism and the Jihad in Syria. We covered a lot of information including:
- What is Salafism and Salafi-Jihadism?
- Who is Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi, and how did he come to play a central role in these issues?
- The split between Maqdisi and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi
- Jordanian Salafi-Jihadists turn towards Syria and Jabhat al-Nusra
- The effects of the ISIS-JaN split on Jordanian Salafi-Jihadists
- What the Jordanian government lets the Jordanian Salafi-Jihadists do, and why
- Maqdisi's role in the efforts to free Jordanian pilot Moaz al-Kassasbeh
- What could be next for Maqdisi and the Jordanian Salafi-Jihadists
- Inside Iraqi Politics - biweekly newsletter that Kirk publishes
- Kirk H. Sowell (@UticensisRisk) on Twitter
- Karl Morand (@KarlMorand) on Twitter