Shashank Joshi comes on the show to talk about India's Middle East foreign policy. Topics we covered include:
- Importance of remittances from Indians living in the Middle East
- India's relationship with Israel
- Why India sees an "advantage in obscurity" in deciding its Middle East strategies
- Indian hostages in Iraq and India's inability to effectively respond to the situation
- India's need for a "Look West" policy in addition to "Look East"
- India's relationship with Iran and Saudi Arabia
- Shashank Joshi | Why India Refuses to Engage the Middle East | Foreign Affairs
- Looking West - Shashank Joshi (PDF)
- Shashank Joshi (@shashj) on Twitter
- Karl Morand (@KarlMorand) on Twitter
- Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes
Please support the podcast by making a small monthly donation on Patreon. Thank you!